Galaxy’s SKYVOICE is an integrated VoIP solution that delivers fully featured phone service including PBX options over our satellite or P2P Wireless networks. Galaxy uses QoS rules that prioritizes VoIP traffic and dedicates bandwidth per line for consistent phone calls using analog or digital phones.
Voice Over IP
VoIP Phone Service
How It Works
The SKYVOICE service will provide an Enterprise grade quality phone system with crystal clear calls and hassle-free operation. We can deliver just a few single lines, a trunk for pooled bandwidth for dozens of lines or a complete PBX system with POE phones to service a site for hundreds of workers. No one does Voice better than Galaxy!
- Call Forwarding – Allows customer to program their calls to ring at another number. The phone will not ring while in a forwarded state. It can still be used to place outgoing calls.
- Three-way calling – Allows you to add a third person to the call when you are already talking with someone.
- One – digit speed dial – You can enter up to 8 telephone numbers – local or long distance – into your Speed Calling list. Then you can reach those people by dialling the location digit and a # sign.
- Call Waiting – Lets you use your phone without missing other calls. A special tone alerts you that another person is calling; the person calling you hears normal ringing.
- Automatic Callback – Your phone will call back the last number that called you whether you answer it or not.
- Repeat Dialing – Keeps redialing busy numbers and tells you when the line is free.
- Caller ID Name and Number – Lets you see the name and number of the person calling before you answer the phone.
- Caller ID Delivery Block – Prevents your phone number from being displayed to the person receiving your call.
- Voicemail – Personalized answering service built right into your telephone line. It allows you to receive and save messages, and then retrieve them from any touch-tone phone. With voicemail, you can even forward messages to someone else on the system!
The Galaxy Difference
- More cost-effective and affordable than satellite phones
- Crystal clear calls
- Phone number portability
- Ability to order individual lines and phone numbers
- VoIP solutions to any remote area
Galaxy provides Private Branch Exchange (PBX) capabilities for remote offices VoIP phones that function on Power over Ethernet (POE).
Private Branch Exchange (PBX) is a private telephone network used within a company. Users of the PBX phone system share a number of outside lines for making external phone calls and local extensions for internal dialling. Galaxy has experience integrating PBX solutions across remote projects, all of which have been configured with Quality of Service (QoS), resulting in the highest quality voice calls over the satellite link. PBX are available in both physical and virtual forms and integrated seamlessly with Galaxy’s SMU appliance.
The Galaxy Difference
- Service is hosted onsite
- Voicemail and auto attendant
- Desk-to-desk calling
“The voice over IP was very clear even when the Internet was under heavy usage by the rest of the crew. We always had a clear channel to communicate with our crew even in a remote area, which is very important for the safety of everyone.”
– Maxim Belleau, Technical Electronics Supervisor, Abitibi Geophysics Inc.