Galaxy provides IP connectivity that helps integrate supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems with different operations in the utilities industry no matter how remote their project is. Galaxy can connect your SCADA applications, also known as machine-to-machine or IoT, with reliable connections for your remote generating locations that require monitoring.
CONNECTIVITY FOR THE UTILITIES INDUSTRY
HOW GALAXY PROVIDES CONNECTIVITY
From wind power turbines to hydro-generating stations, Galaxy provides reliable and consistent connectivity that is designed and supported for maximum uptime. We do this by integrating our satellite and LTE network with an accompanying IP routing/IP switching. This allows us to create a customized turn-key solution for your needs.
Often companies will install a Galaxy system for the construction phase of the project and use it for sending drawings, emails, and making phone calls. Once completed the system is left there with a specific SCADA plan for long term site monitoring.
Services We Provide
- Video surveillance for live visual updates
- VoIP/PBX phone line services provide crystal clear audio to even the most remote locations
- Corporate data and application access from off-site
- Reliable microwave, satellite, and LTE links
- Redundant failover of primary connection for constant up time
- Site build-outs for construction projects
The Galaxy Difference
- Bandwidth plans scalable to meet site requirements
- IP conversion module including Analog
- Flexible service plan terms to fit the project schedule
- Complete redundant failover option
- 24/7 technical support and monitoring portal
“Your explanation about using satellite systems and why the utilities are deploying this technology was really interesting. I think Galaxy will do well with the utility companies in the US because there are many areas where traditional tower structures are not going to be permitted and running a cable is going to be cost prohibitive.”
– Brian Teague, Business Development Manager, Hubbell Power Systems
Case Study: Utilities
Whether your company produces or delivers electricity, Galaxy can provide you high speed broadband via their North American Enterprise satellite network. For your remote generating locations that require monitoring, Galaxy can connect your SCADA (Machine to Machine) applications with low speed CIR service. Galaxy can also provide a connection for your video surveillance, Voice Over IP (VoIP) and data requirements from anywhere in North America.
“ Result: 24/7 monitoring of all sites no matter where they are, guaranteed data rates for dependability, and interfaces with hundreds of different SCADA protocols. “