From oil and gas drilling companies to full production facilities, Galaxy delivers the connectivity that allows their remote sites to communicate with their head office. Galaxy understands each company’s requirements, and we will work side by side to develop a reliable and affordable ONE STOP solution that can be customized to meet the highest demand, using our satellite, LTE, and point-to-point microwave networks. Galaxy specializes in morale services, remote site services, and SCADA. Our competent and experienced field personnel work for a stress-free install.
Oil & Gas
Connecting The Oil And Gas Industry
Solutions for Upstream
- Producers can securely manage their remote operation
- Satellite coverage for remote geophysical and seismic jobs, as well as exploration
- Live video for the down hole drilling progress
- Dynamic network for end-to-end operations at a well site
- DuaLINK redundant system failover for maximum uptime
Solutions for Midstream
- Our ubiquitous system allows you to be compliant with the new Methane, H2S & CO2 Emissions Regulations
- We allow remote data on pump and valve control, flow measurements, pressure and temperature monitoring, leak detection, and corrosion monitoring to be monitored, all the while being sent to a centralized location
- We aid in detecting any areas of concern by monitoring, sensing and sending all data back to a head office (or field office) via our network
Solutions for Downstream
- Integration of new SCADA and IoT solutions
- Connection of many types of machines in a network, regardless of region
- Digitized automation
In areas of poor-to-no cell phone coverage, Galaxy also offers a wide range of VoIP wireless products for primary and/or occasional use throughout the production site.
For large remote camps that require both office use and morale Internet, Galaxy offers the SKYNET Management Unit (SMU), the most cost-effective all-in-one complete solution.
Oil and Gas
Case Study: Natural Gas Pipeline
Challenge: Several compressor and valve stations in remote locations required a reliable connection to send SCADA data.
Galaxy Broadband was approached by a large global natural resource development corporation that just recently purchased an existing natural gas pipeline in Northern British Columbia. Previous monitoring of the pipeline was done by a large telecommunication company and the level of service was not satisfactory to the pipeline owner. This gas transmission pipeline system starts in Northern British Columbia and extends over 500 kilometres to the West coast. This pipeline goes over 5 mountain ranges in an area that has measurable pre precipitation 65% of the days in a year with rain (250cm/year) or snow (350cm/year)…
Read the full case study below.
“ Result: Fully monitored SCADA Network that delivers consistent and continuous application delivery “