Galaxy services various Government sectors with effective broadband solutions. Whether it is for National Defence troop morale services or NAV Canada’s pilot portal connection, Galaxy delivers it securely and reliably.
PROVIDING BROADBAND SERVICES TO THE GOVERNMENT
Services We Provide
- Dedicated network link
- Usage based billing
- Reliable and secure network to deliver video, voice, and data communications
- Satellite VoIP phone and PBX services
- Community backhaul connectivity
- SCOUT and Sentinel quick-deploy systems
- Short term deployments
- Back-up/failover links
The Galaxy Difference
- Provides remote locations with access to TeleHealth
- Provides remote communities with global access
- Increase productivity and learning to schools in rural communities
- Highway monitoring i.e. weather, construction, etc.
- Enabling POS for campsite reservations
Case Study: Drive BC
British Columbia has some of the highest highway mountain passes in North America. Some of these passes reach over 5,800 feet (1,775 metres), grades up to 18% and annual snow falls of over 500 inches (1,300 cm). These driving conditions can be both unpredictable and dangerous for drivers 8-10 months of the year.
With the isolation of these mountain passes and a lack of cell or fibre coverage, the Ministry of Transportation turned to Galaxy Broadband Communications to find a proven internet system that is able to provide a view of highway conditions, traffic, and weather information at a glance. Galaxy provides a .74m system that sends a live snap shot of the road conditions every 15 minutes to the public via www.drivebc.ca.
“ Result: Drive BC was able to provide expanded highway camera access to their website, as well as communication to the very remote mountain areas in order to protect travellers all year long. “